How to Care for an Indoor Gym
June 15, 2020
Sport Court of Pittsburgh provides customers with high-quality gym floors that can withstand heavy use. While you can rely on the durability of our floor, it is still important to properly care for them to help prolong their lifespan while protecting your investment in your sport court.
As your leading indoor basketball court installers in Pittsburgh, we’ve put together a few tips on how to care for your gym floor and maintain its performance and appearance for years to come.
Get into a Cleaning Routine
Your indoor gym is a fun and functional asset for your home or facility. For sport courts that are frequently used, a cleaning routine should be completed at least every other day or as needed depending on how often it is used. Cleaning tips for your flooring:
- When cleaning, check your flooring for any stuck-on or sticky residue. Use a soft plastic putty knife to remove large debris from the surface of your court.
- Clean up spills on the surface of the floor immediately.
- A large microfiber mop, at least 60 inches, is the best way to sweep away dirt or dust.
- To mop your gym floor, use a floor cleaner that is diluted with water to avoid leaving cleaning residue behind that can cause damage to your flooring.
- Feel free to check with the Sport Court of Pittsburgh Team prior to choosing a cleaning product. Some common household products are not good for use on gymnasium floors.
Maintaining Your Gym Floor
At Sport Court of Pittsburgh, we offer a wide selection of flooring options to meet the needs of your facility. Whether you need a versatile rubber flooring system or an indoor basketball court, we can install your flooring to your exact specifications. Our sport courts provide a safe surface for athletes to practice on. In addition to cleaning, it is also important to maintain the structure of the court by:
- Making sure all of your sports equipment, bleachers, and tables are installed correctly. Consider placing plywood under heavier items to protect the surface of your sport court and provide additional support to the items.
- Do not use any stiff brusher or powered scrubbers to clean your gym floor. This can lead to damage to the floor, which can have a negative effect on the durability of the entire flooring system.
- Avoid using tape on your sport court flooring. Adhesive can cause permanent damage to the flooring. The team at Sport Court of Pittsburgh can add game lining to your floor to meet your playing need. Consider using small cones to divide the space for different games.
Professional Sport Court Installation in Pittsburgh
Sport Court of Pittsburgh
provides professional sport court installation to Pittsburgh and surrounding areas. If you are looking for a durable, high-quality sport court, contact us today to get started!