Try These 5 Basketball Games with Your Family
July 8, 2019
With the summer season in full swing, what better way to spend time with your family, than playing basketball on your sport court. Serving the area as the top court builder in Pittsburgh, Sport Court has put together a list of the five best basketballs game to help get your family outside where they can bond with an encourage one another to get active with a fun game of basketball.
The five games we’ve selected are easy to learn and are fun for the whole family to play! Here are a few games that you and your family can enjoy.
This is an excellent game if you’re hosting a larger group of people and requires two or more players and two basketballs. How to play Knockout:
- All players form a line starting at the free throw line and extending back toward half-court.
- Two players come forward, each starting with one basketball.
- Player 1 takes their shot.
- Player 1 passes the ball on to the next player if they make a basket. They then go to the back of the line.
- If a player misses, they have to attempt to make a basket as quickly as they can before the next player in line can sink one.
- If Player 2 makes a basket before Player 1, Player 1 is eliminated or “knocked out” of the game.
- The game continues until only one player is left.
This game is a classic that is suitable for basketball players of all skill levels and requires at least two players and one basketball. How to play H-O-R-S-E:
- Decide on the order of each player and stick to that order throughout the game.
- The first player decides on a trick shot to begin.
- If the first player makes the shot, then the next player must also make the shot.
- If that player makes the shot, the next player in line gets the ball.
- If a player misses, they get an H, and the next player decides on another trick shot.
- Once a player has all five letter, they are out of the game.
- The game continues until there is only one player left standing.
This is your typical game of pick-up basketball, requiring two player and one basketball. How to play One-On-One:
- Two players square off for either a half-court or full-court game.
- Fouls, out-of-bounds, and all other regulation basketball rules apply to the game.
- This is played like a regular basketball game, but with only two players.
- Players can choose to determine the length of the game by points scored or time.
This a common pick-up game is also known as cutthroat that required two to four players and one basketball. How to play Twenty-One:
- One player begins at the free throw line.
- When the player with the ball tries to make a basket, all other players try to stop the player from making a basket, making the player with the ball offense and the other player is defense.
- Each time they make a shot, the player receives two points. If they make a shot from behind the three-point line, it is worth three points.
- The winner is the first player to earn twenty-one points. If a player scores more than twenty-one points, they are disqualified.
- No out-of-bounds or fouls.
- Regional and local guidelines vary on how this game should be played.
Around the World
This game is excellent for a group of players and gives you the chance to practice a variety of different shots. This game requires two or more players and one basketball. How to play Around the World:
- To begin, mark about 5-10 spots around the court in a semi-circle. Be sure to place them at different angles and distances from the hoop.
- All players will line up at the first station on one side of the court.
- If the player makes the shot, they will move on to the next spot.
- If the player misses the shot, they must return to the back of the line, and the next player in line will begin.
- The game continues until the players make all of the shots in a row with no misses.
Professional Sport Court Installation Services
At Sport Court of Pittsburgh, our expert team serves as the number one provider for sport court installations for commercial courts as well as residential backyard courts. Pittsburgh area homeowners can take advantage of our full line of products as well as out maintenance services to keep their sport court looking great for years to come. Contact us today to learn more!